Thursday 8 December 2016

Telling Tales Production Diary Week 10

Monday - I was unable on Saturday, to animate the scenes as i thought they needed continuity so i was waiting for my partner to come in with their hard drive to give me the file. (turns out i only needed it for one scene) However my partner didn't come into uni on Monday and i had no way to contact them as their phone is currently broken and they don't use social media. This is something id like to make them aware of more so because they can become very off the grid at times and this makes the working together difficult. So for the monday i worked on study tasks.

Tuesday - My partner showed up to tell me i could animate one of the scenes and the other scene needed to have continuity. So i animate the scene where the scientist is walking up to his desk and taking a drink from a flask in little under an hour so that when my partner returned i could send the scene over to her to place the facial sequence on. In the latter half of the day i added the 'special effects' to our animation. This was the explosion from the cauldron and the beam from the magic circle. However we were unsure as to what we could do because we weren't using arnold or any rendering format that renders certain lights so we couldn't render out certain effects. But i didn't really like the idea of having after effects animating on top because it really would not fit with the aesthetic. So i was just messing around with the shapes and transparency of the blocks and found that by animating the block extending with the transparency on it looks like a very stylised explosion/beam both myself and my partner thought these created effective explosive scenes and my partner will add a fade out on the beam in post production so it like a white light appears to engulf them both. After this i was able to quickly get the scene off my partner and do the continuity close up.






Wednesday - We used today to work on the sound. We booked out the sound booth which was one the most hilarious experiences in my life because I was screaming into a microphone making chicken noises for the animation. However something we realised later on was that we should of taken the animatic into the booth with us because we here just making inconsistant sounds to cut up later but this has resulted in sound that could of been refined a lot more.

Thursday - Taking the sound i assembled it into our animation. I struggled to change and mess around with the pitch of the sounds as we have noises that are a bit too loud so we need to alter the volume some how. I was shown how to use the editing tool and started to fiddle around with the duration and the pitch of the sound effects so that we didn't have any instances of warping in the sound. Once it was i had added all the sound effects in my partner added the backing music, final scene and credits to it. Here is our completed animation.


No comments:

Post a Comment