Sunday 1 November 2015

Apply - thought of you, stylistic approach

While i designed my characters i noticed how simple they were with little detail on the body, with no actual visible hands or feet and it reminded me of the simple style used in Ryan Woodwards Thought of you, (my previous blog post) how he would show the emotions of characters through action alone and vague shapes. And when i rounded the hair it reminded me of the hair of Alice in alice in wonderland, rounded and puffy, like marshmallows.



So i took the designs of the previous attempts and shrunk them down again, removing a visible waistline and rounded the character out so that the female character looked puffy. I wanted to make her a soft feeling so that it looks like the wind could carry her away at any moment.

Also i still want to work on the face and the clothing style.

No comments:

Post a Comment