Tuesday 8 May 2018

YCN Project

For my YCN project i worked with Eleanor Winch on the A2 Milk Brief where the goal pf the brief was to create a campaign to sell their product on a more human and personal level. We chose to do an interview style 3D animation where a 3D modelled character would talk to the camera about their experiences with the change to A2 Milk. The division of the work was for me to do the character animation while Eleanor worked on the modelling and the rendering.

I created my own reference video to get an idea for what the character would do when she says her lines.

The animation needed to be reworked multiple times in order to be presentable as their was a lot of faults in the timing and spacing as well as pacing at times it was very scattered and all over the place, clipping issues occurred and the animation became stiff and robotic. Below are my iterations of development.

1.
2.
3.
4.

Looking back on the work i can see it is not my best and still needs a lot of development and improvement as such i have come to the conclusion that for the time being i want to avoid working on 3D animation and focus on improving what i can do as a 2D animator and then later on transfer the skills into 3D. Also because its not my best i was not able to deliver a piece that was satisfactory for my team mate as i had shown i could do better in past projects. This brought to my attention my need to improve my group skills.

Our presentation boards were made by my team mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment