Friday 9 October 2015

Telling Stories - Character Design and Development


 Before using drawing up the rough storyboards i did some secondary research into the shapes of owls and cats along with the anthropomorphism of the animals in the films to create my characters. i used graphite sticks, ink brush and pencils as my media. i found that owls generally are more rounded in shape bar the beak and horns (on a few owls) while the cats felt very sharp and slender in comparison, so i decided to focus on making the owl a round character while the cat is more of a sharp and pointed character.

 
I was quite happy, and enjoyed doing the characters for this, it was brief and i didn't create any varying poses but i liked how i got to my final designs in a few sketches. I also liked writing up all the information on my likes and dislikes about the designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment